- New Renault KOLEOS has received a five-star rating on safety tests administered by the independent organisation Euro NCAP.
- New KOLEOS benefits from Renault’s vast experience in the realm of passive safety and targets excellence in the independent NCAP tests.
- ON active safety, New KOLEOS’ raft of standard equipment is complemented by a palette of state-of-the-art driver aids (ADAS).
Paris, September 20, 2017 – This result highlights Renault’s commitment to safety, particularly with the all new KOLEOS. It offers cutting edge technologies and passed the new protocol of 2016 Euro NCAP tests with flying colours. New KOLEOS stands out with a 90% score for adult occupant protection, 79% for children, 63% for pedestrians and 75% for safety assist. Click here to get more information.
The very best of Groupe Renault’s expertise in safety
New KOLEOS benefits from Renault’s vast experience in the realm of passive safety and targets excellence in the independent NCAP tests. First and foremost, the use of very high elastic limit steel for the engine frame and high-strength steel for the passenger safety cell was specified to protect the cabin in the case of a major impact. The following features are standard safety equipment: Two adaptive front airbags that inflate according to the type of impact and the occupant’s position in the car, Two lateral thorax/shoulder airbags for front occupants, Two curtain airbags, Anti-whiplash front and rear head rests, Anti-submarining front seats, Rear Isofix anchorage for i-Size child seats. All of the seat belts are equipped with pretensioners and load limiters.
Uncompromising safety standards in any circomstances
When it comes to active safety, New KOLEOS’ raft of standard equipment – traction control, latest-generation electronic stability control (ESC) electronic brake force distribution and hill start assist – is complemented by a palette of state-of-the-art driver aids (ADAS). These are all accessible via the R-LINK 2 tablet and serve:
- To reassure, with Active Emergency Braking System (AEBS City and Inter-Urban).
- To alert, with Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Blind Spot Warning (BSW) and Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR).
- To assist, with rear view camera, Automatic High/Low Beam head lights (AHL), front, rear and side parking sensors and hands-free parking assist system (Easy Park Assist).