How does the Motability Scheme work?
If you receive either the Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (HRMC DLA), the Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (ERMC PIP) , the War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS) or the Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP) you may be eligible to join the Motability Scheme.
Are you eligible for a Motability car?
There is no upper age limit. As long as you receive one of the allowances, you are eligible for the Scheme. Parents or guardians can order a car on behalf of a child aged three years and above, who is receiving HRMC DLA.
To lease a car through Motability, you must have at least 12 months’ award length remaining. Only the higher or enhanced rate of the mobility allowance is used.
As of 10 April 2013, the weekly allowance rates are as follows:
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance; Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment; Armed Forces Independence Payment: £55.25
- War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement: £61.75
The Attendance Allowance cannot be used to lease a car through Motability.
No waiting lists. No credit checks. No assessments required.
Renault Retail Group provide the car and the support you need so you can enjoy worry-free motoring, including:
- A fantastic selection of brand new cars from the Renault / Nissan range
- Motability provide you with Insurance, servicing and maintenance
- Full RAC breakdown assistance
- Zero rated annual road tax disc
- Tyre and windscreen replacement
- 60,000 mile allowance over 3 years
- Many adaptations at no extra cost
- You don't have to drive - you can nominate up to two other drivers and pay a little extra for a third
- Our worry-free purchase process continues right up to the end of your three-year Motability lease with a seamless transfer to your new car.
Would you like to add a driver?
Up to two named drivers are included as part of your lease; these can be yourself, friends, family or carers. You can also add a third driver at an additional cost.
Therefore, you can still lease a car even if you don't drive – you simply nominate two drivers who can drive on your behalf.
Nominated drivers should normally live within five miles of the disabled customer's address. You’ll also need to confirm that all proposed drivers agree to the terms and conditions for using a Motability car.
Only one nominated driver under 21 is permitted. This can be you or another driver who lives at your address. Drivers under the age of 25 can only drive cars in the lower ABI insurance groups of one to 16 and with a brake horsepower rating of 115BHP or less.
Please bear in mind that proposed drivers with certain convictions, disqualifications or endorsements within the last five years will not be allowed.
Is it easy to get a car on the Motability Scheme?
There are only three key steps to getting a car on the Motability Scheme:
Choose your car from our fantastic range of Renault Cars
Have a look at our latest Motability special offers.
Find a dealer
With over 20 dealerships nationwide there's bound to be one local to you. Use our dealer locator to find your nearest Renault Motability Specialist. Your dealer can also discuss whether optional extras or adaptations might help make driving easier or more comfortable.
Order your car
Once you've decided the exact model of car, your Motability specialist will take you through the very easy ordering process.